Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Almost there but not quite

My group has come up with so many ideas it's hard to keep up. But the more the merrier!

The main plot is the idea of two best friends, Lana and Harmony, that have a either a secret romantic relationship (already established or forming) but cannot come out because of the homophobia (or are unsure) in that time period. More details to come later but we have the main concept planned out and we all are feeling motivated and on the same page!

We hope to show the time period through mise-en-scene instead of outwardly saying "It is 1970-whatever.'' Our first concept we considered is using a phone call to introduce the two main characters, Lana and Harmony and how they have a secret relationship dynamic. It would be set up in the same way as the iconic "Mean Girls" and would not only show both of their bedrooms but the phones used represented by the '70s, showing the time era through mise-en-scene.



Image result for mean girls phone call; Image result for 70s teen phone  Image result for 70s teen phone

Being a harsh self- criticizer and perfectionist, I always like to question my choices and truly ask "Why?" So, these are some things I've considered and I would want to keep building upon: 

- I want the film opening to speak for itself, not too much dialogue and too many answered questions, I want our audience to genuinely enjoy the main character(s) and wonder how the story will continue.  

-  If we show that she already knows she is gay, it would go against the idea of self-discovery and the homophobia in that time period.

- I also really want to incorporate depression and the misunderstanding of what depression is, and how Lana struggles to get better and then along the way discovers she's gay. This would definitely talk about social issues and I feel like our film opening would have something to say and relate our "coming of age" genre.

Here's our storyboard: 


SUuuuUuper brief, but putting three brains together is a lot more difficult than I thought!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR Bye blog </3 Will miss you :( xoxo Irene Triantafyllopoulou


Hi!!! This is me!! Welcome to my blog <33